Pages

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - July 6


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

For those of you who are wondering where I was last week, I was at a youth camp run by my church. It was my first time as a cabin leader. I thought I might have tried to schedule a post, but I didn't have time.

So my teaser for this week comes from a book I have read several times, but just had to read again.

'Pretense' by Lori Wick

'"Mackenzie met Paxton Hancock when she was still in the Army. He works for IronHorse, and that's how Tom Magy got the Micah Bear series."

Richard was listeningg attentively, but Delancey stopped, seeing how long this could take. She finally went to the bookshelf in the other room, came back to their bed, and handed him Blue Crayon.

"Mackenzie wrote this."

Richard started visibly, but Delancey just stood by the bed.

"Mackenzie wrote this?"

"Yes, and all the other Mac Walker books."

Seconds passed, and his face grew thoughtful. Delancey waited to hear what he would say.

"Why the pretense?"

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

I like the sound of it. Adding to TBR now.

My teaser is here.

Kathy Martin said...

Your teaser sounds interesting. What is it about the book that has made you read it more than once? My teaser is from Blood Song by Cat Adams.

Donna said...

Hmm. I see you've incorported the book's title into the teaser. It's a good one. I do that in my reviews sometimes.