Friday, 28 November 2008
I joined the Facebook community!
Ok, so my reasons (er, excuses) are that I haven't been able to catch up with some of my friends any other way, so I'm trying this; and I've missed out on some events because I wasn't sent an invitation because only people on Facebook got them.
I've been on it less than 24 hours and I think I'm addicted.
Not good. I'm supposed to be WORKING!
Actually, I think I may just be addicted to the internet and what I can do while I'm on it.
Thursday, 27 November 2008
I found this on Monniblog.
Gone on a blind date? No
Skipped school? Yes (actually it was Uni)
Watched someone die? CSI, war movies
Been to Canada? No (want to go to PEI though)
Been to Mexico? No
Been to Florida? No
Been on a plane? Yes (I want to learn to fly)
Been lost? Yes (human navigator sent me the wrong way)
Been on the opposite side of the country? Yes (lived there for 7 years)
Been to the capital of your country? Yes (but I don't remember it - I was 2)
Swam in the ocean or waded? Yes (used to live in walking distance of the beach)
Cried yourself to sleep? Not that I remember
Played cops and robber? Yes
Recently colored with crayons? No
Sang Karaoke? Yes
Paid for a meal with coins only? Yes
Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t? Yes
Made prank phone calls? No
Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose? Yes
Caught a snowflake on your tongue? No (no snow around here)
Danced in the rain? Yes
Written a letter to Santa Claus? No (I've never believed in Santa Claus)
Been kissed under the mistletoe? No
Watched the sunrise with someone you care about? Yes
Blown bubbles? Yes (did that for my last birthday)
Been skinny dipping outdoors? No
Been out of North America? Yes (never actually been in North America)
Been in detention? Sort of
Regreted something you blogged? Yes (I deleted it)
Wednesday, 26 November 2008
SCATTERGORIES. ...it's harder than it looks!
Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following. They have to be real places, names, things.. nothing made up!
Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question & you can use the same answer twice.
WHAT IS YOUR NAME: Beth
Tuesday, 25 November 2008
I watched Mama Mia! last night. It was a laugh a minute, but I have to say that this was my favorite of all the songs.
Then this one.
I also liked the sound of 'When All Is Said and Done' but not so much the lyrics.
Monday, 24 November 2008
1. Started my own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain (Flinders Peak - in the rain)
9. Held a praying mantis (no, but I have taken a photo of one - called it Bob, because as it walked up the door it bobbed)
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped (no way that's never going to happen)
12. Visited Paris (only through books)
13. Watched lightening at sea
14. Taught myself an art from scratch (if you count crochet)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning (not something I want to repeat)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train (the Indian Pacific - 2 nights)
21. Had a pillow fight (several in fact)
22. Hitchhiked (wouldn't even consider it)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (it's called a mental health day)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb (at least I think I have)
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon (cross country races sure seemed like that in primary school)
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset (the best sunsets are over the ocean)
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught myself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke (got to love that Christian Union event - they had to pull the plug to get me to stop)
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (my 18th birthday party)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had my portrait painted (only drawn)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (only as a childhood game)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching (Warnambool 2003)
63. Got flowers for no reason (Grandpa would do that eveytime we visited)
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt (in the process)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job (not technically - more like a mutual agreement not to continue employment)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone (my leg 2 days before Christmas in 1992 - the worst summer of my life so far)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper (more than once)
85. Read the entire Bible (at least twice through 'Read your Bible in a Year' programs)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (a West Indies cricketer back in the 1990's)
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Rode an elephant (no, but I have ridden a camel)
What about YOU?
Jesus and Satan were having an on-going argument about who was better on the computer. They had been going at it for days, and frankly God was tired of hearing all the bickering.
Finally fed up, God said, 'THAT'S IT! I have had enough. I am going to set up a test that will run for two hours, and from those results, I will judge who does the better job.'
So Satan and Jesus sat down at the keyboards and typed away.
They e-mailed with attachments.
They did spreadsheets!
They wrote reports.
They created labels and cards.
They created charts and graphs.
They did some genealogy reports
They did every job known to man.
Jesus worked with
heavenly efficiency and Satan was faster than hell.
Then, ten minutes before their time was up, lightning suddenly flashed across the sky, thunder rolled, rain poured, and, of course, the power went off..
Satan stared at his blank screen and screamed every curse word known in the underworld.
Jesus just sighed.
Finally the electricity came back on, and each of them restarted their computers. Satan started searching frantically, screaming:
'It's gone! It's all GONE! 'I lost everything when the power went out!'
Meanwhile, Jesus quietly started printing out all of his files from the past two hours of work.
Satan observed this and became irate.
'Wait!' he screamed. 'That's not fair! He cheated! How come he has all his work and I don't have any?'
God just shrugged and said,
Friday, 21 November 2008
Thursday, 20 November 2008
Wednesday, 19 November 2008
Mother decided that 10-year-old Cathy should get something
"practical" for her birthday.
"Suppose we open a savings account for you?" Mother
suggested. Cathy was delighted.
"It's your account, darling," Mother said as they arrived at
the bank, "so you fill out the application."
Cathy was doing fine until she came to the space for "Name
of your former bank." After a slight hesitation, she put
Received from Thomas Ellsworth.
Tuesday, 18 November 2008
Monday, 17 November 2008
1. What book is on the left hand side of your computer or closest to the left hand side?
2. Are you reviewing it, is it your favourite, or is it there for some other reason and specify.
3. Go to page 38 and write down from the 2nd paragraph, the first 4 sentences.
4. Tag 4 friends and pass them this avatar.
Ok, I started out with the book closest to where I currently am (at work) and you would be so bored with it (2007 & 2008 Tax Summary) that I decided to cheat a little and tell you about a book that, if I had a computer of my own, would be located to the left of it.
The book is 'Simple Secrets to a Beautiful Home' by Emilie Barnes.
I'm reading it because I like Emilie Barnes books (very helpful) and this was the next one of hers on my TBR pile.
There's just one problem - there isn't anything on page 38. It's the page between two chapters!
As for the people I'm going to tag, well the one who tagged me (thank you AusJenny) is almost the only person I would tag except for:
Amanda at http://amanda-growingpains.blogspot.com/
Sunday, 16 November 2008
Friday, 14 November 2008
I have to do this for our Kris Kringle gift exchange at work, and I'm really struggling to think of 3 things to put on the list. Well, I can easily think of 3, but only one particular person in the office would know what I was talking about.
Last year one of my wish list items was a gift certificate for a book shop - that's what I got, but I was very disappointed with the selections at my local store and it took me over 6 months to use the thing.
Then there's the family list. I buy most of the stuff I need during the year, and if I tell them a particular book, it ruins the surprise because I know what's coming.
Thursday, 13 November 2008
If you had the opportunity to write as a career, what would you write?
If I could write as a career I would write children’s books. Books were always very important to me as a child (and still are). I’m not skilled with drawing – can’t do it at all – so I’d need an illustrator.
I hadn’t really thought about this before - that is not until I read the ‘One Minute Writer’ Writing Prompt for the day. In a way its stirred a desire in my heart that I didn’t even know was there.
Wednesday, 12 November 2008
This is totally like my sister's cat. When she wants attention in the morning she does what I call 'circuits & bumps'. She jumps on my bed, then walks down the length of it to the bookshelf I have at the end, climbs on the bookself, then jumps to the floor, knocking as much suff off the top of the bookshelf as she can on the way down (whatever will make the most noise on the way to the floor is her preferred target). This is repeated until I get up and do something about it.
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
TitleTrakk.com Blog Tour!
This week we're chatting about:
The Fantastic Fall Giveaway Contest!
Just in time for the holidays, you could win over $335 worth of books, cds and dvds!
The Grand Prize Winner will receive:
Whispers of the Bayou by Mindy Starns Clark
Rachel's Secret by BJ Hoff
Beach Dreams by Trish Perry
Playing God by Michelle McKinney Hammond
White Soul by Brandt Dodson
The Legend of the Firefish by George Bryan Polivka
Finding Marie by Susan Paige Davis
The Power of Praying Through the Bible by Stormie Omartian
A Man After God's Own Heart by Jim George
Evidence for Faith 101 by Bruce Bickel & Stan Jantz
Wake Up! Wake Up! by Everyday Sunday
Rock What You Got by Superchick
Sunday by Tree63
Houston We Are Go by Newsboys (Live CD/DVD)
Nothing Left To Lose by Mat Kearney
I Am Free Worship Collection
Salvation Station by Newworldson
Not Without Love by Jimmy Needham
Pages by Shane & Shane
Colors and Sounds by Article One
Love's Unfolding Dream
The Ten Commandments Animated
Between the Walls
But that's not all!
We're giving away even more!
During this blog tour (November 10th - 16th) we'll be drawing 2 winners daily from the contest entries to win an additional free book or cd!
Visit the TitleTrakk.com Contest page today to enter the contest and place yourself in the running to receive the Grand Prize, plus all the daily prizes! Deadline to enter is November 17th.
Founded in 2006 by Tracy & C.J. Darlington, TitleTrakk.com is an interactive website spotlighting Christian books, music & movies. Updated weekly, we feature author and musician interviews, album and book reviews, music videos, movie reviews and interviews, book excerpts, surveys, polls, and fun contests. Learn more: http://www.titletrakk.com/
I'm just putting this on my blog because there may be someone out there who wouldn't know about it otherwise. I found out about it on a friend's blog. Thanks Rel!
Monday, 10 November 2008
I know just what Snoopy means. I always seem to be a wall-flower, never the one asked to dance.
Ok, so what I mean by this for me is that I've never had a boyfriend, never even been on a date, never really been asked out. SIGH!
I guess it will happen sometime. Meanwhile, I'll just have to ...