Monday, 30 November 2009
Saturday, 28 November 2009
1. Wait! Wait, don't forget to give me a hug.
2. My friend followed at once by turning her car around and following me as I drove home.
3. The trouble is I really don't know what I want to do next, and don't feel motivated right now.
4. My mind is many miles away.
5. With a faint pop my shoulder cracked at the table last night - don't worry, it often does that.
6. The sky looked shadowy and ominous.
7. And as for the weekend, Friday night I wrapped Christmas presents and watched a few episodes of the West Wing season 1, today I have done some housework (which I hate) and hope to relax this afternoon and Sunday, I want to have what may be our last GNG breakfast meeting for the year, have fellowship at Church and spend some time with family and friends!
Thursday, 26 November 2009
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
' "They're not likely to do anything to draw attention to themselves," I said. "So first we need to take a deeper look at Club Venus and the Lion's Den. I'll get to know Chance Thompson a little better too. He's a snake if I've ever met one." '
'His ecstatic grin made me question my sanity ... again.'
Monday, 23 November 2009
Tuesday, 17 November 2009
Saturday, 14 November 2009
Ok, so I haven't done this for a while, and I am now a day late (depending on your time zone I guess). But here it is:
1. The last band I saw live was Westlife.
2. What I look forward to most on Christmas is having some food that we only get at that time of year - like turkey.
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is in progress.
4. Thoughts of trying to figure out what I want to do with my life fill my head especially now while I am between jobs.
5. I wish I could wear yellow sometimes.
6. Bagpipes are a strange, yet fascinating instrument.
7. And as for the weekend, last night I finished up a project that I started in the afternoon, today my plans have included working in the backyard to help get the new soil spread to even up the ground and Sunday, I want to go to church for fellowship and teaching and relax in the afternoon!
Ok, so you're probably wondering where I've been all this time, well the truth of the matter is that since my employment was terminated (thanks to the Global Financial Crisis) I have been busy on Fridays and generally on the computer before the blank parts are up, given time differences between me and the originator of this very interesting meme.
Let's see, there have been friends returning from overseas, parties to go to, packing to do for a recent trip and a whole range of other activities, and sometimes I have just been too tired to check the computer.
I can't show you the project I finished because it is a present and I don't want the recipient to see it before they receive it. But let's just say that since I have my room nearly in order, I have been able to unpack my craft stuff and got a little creative with some of the gadgets that I won from magazines.
As for my room, there are still a few things to sort out, but I should have time for those now that I am between jobs. I'm trying to decide what I will be doing next - still in accounting or something else entirely. Mostly I just want to follow God's will, but right now that is a mystery to me. My heart's desire is still out of reach, and seems no closer than it did 5 years ago. SIGH!
Quick, change the subject before I get morose.
My book collection is still increasing. Ooo that reminds me, I need to update Shelfari. I've been spending too much time on Facebook to keep everything else up to date.
Speaking of Facebook, it's calling my name!