Ok, so I've been thinking about how I've been blogging this year, and what I want to do next year.
As yet, I have no real answers, so I thought I should think about why I originally started blogging and what my blog has become since then.
Originally I started blogging because it was a way of keeping a scrapbook that included video and music, as well as thoughts and pictures.
Then I started joining weekly memes and finally doing book reviews.
I enjoy telling people about bookas that are available, particularly those by Christian authors. The only problem is that most publishers won't send books to Australia, and I refuse to read e-books. Books are meant to be held in your hands, the pages turned and bookmarks put in when you absolutely have to put the book down because something else is demanding your attention.
But I digress ...
I also have a blog where I just talk about my craft, cross stitich and sewing projects (although that hasn't had any updates for months).
For the past couple of years I have participated in some blog challenges - mostly book related (final count for the 2011 Contentment Reading Challenge to be posted in the next couple of days).
I wasn't sure what challenge to do in 2012, or if I should do one at all.
I think I might not do any challenges in 2012. My life is going to be very busy - I'll be working and studying, as well as participating in children's ministry and home life. I think I'll just see how things go.
I would like to start up "My Favourite Things" again, but I have to have the time.
For now I think I'll just go with the flow and blog when I can. There will be some more book reviews, provided I get the books.
Oh, and by the way, I've been blogging for almost 5 years (just 24 days before my blogoversary) and I now have over 700 posts!
Friday, 30 December 2011
1. Wait, wait don't leave me behind, I can't walk that fast.
2. This year is a little different, actually it is very different.
3. In addition, I would like to say that I'm glad this year is almost over.
4. This is the way we do it here!
5. At the end of the year, I like to remember what God has done for me throughout the year.
6. My birthday is one of the things I'm looking forward to in 2012.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to time at home with a funny movie, tomorrow my plans include keeping cool and Sunday, I want to enjoy church and see how the new year begins!
I've been thinking about these fill-ins, and I'm not sure whether to continue doing them next year. I was very spasmodic in doing them this year. I guess you'll just have to wait and see.
Friday, 16 December 2011
And...here we go!
1. Sleigh bells ring but not in Australia.
2. It's coming on Christmas, they're cutting down trees to save us from another bush fire season.
3. You're a mean one Mr Grinch.
4. Father Christmas - no wait, I'd prefer to think about why we have Christmas. Because God loved us so much that He sent His Son to take the punishment in our place for the sin that separates us from God, so that we no longer need to be separated from Him.
5. Silent night I can't say that Christmas night is silent because there are often parties going on.
6. All I want for Christmas well I already have my 2 front teeth so I could do with something else, but what I can't decide!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I had a wonderful time hearing a performance of Handel's Messiah, tomorrow my plans include catching up with my friend for our Christmas catch up and having fun in the city and Sunday, I want to go to church in the morning and have a quiet afternoon!
Thursday, 8 December 2011
First, just let me say I want this in my room!!
Once again I have been looking at Ikea Hackers and found inspiration.
I love the way they put the unit between the wardrobes.
If I was doing this, I'd put a cushion on the bench and make it into a window seat.
Friday, 2 December 2011
During November, I read only 1 book for this challenge. It was:
- Never the Bride My Cheryl McKay and Rene Gutteridge
I didn't have a lot of time for reading during November. Work has been crazy busy and then all the end of year things have started.
Halfway through December I begin my summer holidays, so maybe I will have more time for reading then. We shall see.
And...here we go!
1. One of my favorite things about December is the winding down of the year's activities.
2. We have at least one new ornament each every year!
3. This is what I'm hoping for today/tonight: a good night's sleep.
4. What is that noise?
5. Ooh, a box of chocolates.
6. Joy bells ringing in my heart!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a night at home, tomorrow my plans include going to a 21st birthday party and Sunday, I want to enjoy church - the fellowship and the teaching!