Monday, 28 September 2009
Friday, 25 September 2009
And...here we go!
1. One week ago I was planning a trip to Ikea.
2. I had very curly hair when I was young.
3. Mama told me you can't hurry love.
4. Let's talk about you and me.
5. Take your time - stop and smell the roses.
6. This, too, will pass!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include going out somewhere so I don't have to watch the AFL Grandfinal and hear my dad and brother yelling at the TV because they think the umpires made a bad decision and Sunday, I want to do some normal Sunday stuff!
Thursday, 24 September 2009
Sunday after church, a mom asked her very young daughter
what the lesson was about. The daughter answered, "Don't be
scared; you'll get your quilt."
Needless to say, the mom was perplexed.
Later in the day, the pastor stopped by for tea and the mom
asked him what that morning's Sunday school lesson was
He said, "Be not afraid; thy comforter is coming."
Received from Larry.
Tuesday, 22 September 2009
Friday, 18 September 2009
And...here we go!
1. My car in called Pearl because the official colour is silver pearl.
2. A trip to Ikea is coming up next.
3. Lately, things seem very overwhelming.
4. In the bottom of my wardrobe is one of my favorite 'hiding' places for presents and other things.
5. What happened to some of the soft toys that I gave away? I wish I hadn't given them, but I hope whoever got them loves them.
6. Saving money is not impossible! Look out for bargains and have a regular savings plan.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a quiet night at home, tomorrow my plans include a trip to Ikea with Mel and Sunday, I want to enjoy the time of worship and fellowship and church and then maybe work on holiday plans for my Tassie trip!
Wednesday, 16 September 2009
Tuesday, 15 September 2009
Cool as in like:
8. Scrapbooking products
9. Cross stitch catalogues
10. Waves breaking on the beach
Cool as in not warm:
4. Wind in winter
6. Chilled water
7. Frozen food
8. The way some people look at you
Monday, 14 September 2009
Saturday, 12 September 2009
Mary was almost crazy with her three young kids. She
complained to her best friend Judy, "They're driving me
nuts! They give me no rest! I'm half way to the funny farm!"
"What you need," said Judy, "is a playpen."
So Mary bought a playpen. A few days later, Judy called to
ask how things were going.
"Superb! I can't believe it," Mary said. "I get in that pen
with a good book and a chocolate bar, and the kids don't
bother me for hours!"
Received from Ed.
Friday, 11 September 2009
FarmTown on Facebook is something I've really got into lately. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a game where you plow land, plant crops and harvest them. There are farm animals and trees and all manner of decorations, including flowers.
I guess you could probably say I'm addicted to it.
Anyway, I had seen what looked like waterfalls on some people's farms and wondered how they did it, especially since I knew that you couldn't overlap the river pieces. Then today I was on a friend's farm and she had done it, so I asked how. She directed me to this YouTube video. So now I'm going to try it on my farm and see how it goes.
Sorry if it takes a while to load. It's a long video.
Friday, 4 September 2009
And...here we go!
1. I feel tired - but then it is Friday and it's been a busy week.
2. A trip down memory lane is always fun.
3. Right now, I can hear these things: the printer that is next to me, my self typing and someone dropping a pencil.
4. Today is Friday and I'm glad because that means I don't have to work tomorrow.
5. The last time I went on a roller coaster was a couple of years ago at the Royal Melbourne Show.
6. This is not Labor day weekend for me - that was in March.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to Fort Night with the kids from GNG, tomorrow my plans include sewing, sewing and more sewing and Sunday, I want to relax, after my breaky meeting to plan GNG for next week and teaching and fellowship at church, although I may still be sewing if it's not all done on Saturday!