My list is in no particular order. Some of them are the same as ones in the Goodreads list, although I can honestly say I have never had the problem of trying to keep a book dry in the bath because I have never read in the bath.
So, here is my list:
- Not enough shelf space.
- Books announced but never published (especially when they are part of a series).
- Book shops telling you the book is available, but when you order it, the book is out of print.
- Books that are only available as e-books.
- When and American author writes a book set in Australia, but still uses American terms to describe things, not Australian terms (e.g. Ranch vs. Station; field vs. paddock; forest vs bush).
- When a series ends with a baby on the way but you never find out if it is a boy or girl.
- Books ending without conflicts fully resolved (okay, so this is what life is like, but many of us read to escape life for a while).
- When authors don't have consistency in characters between books (e.g. A character gets married and has children in one book in the series, but in a later book in the series it says they never married and no children).
- Knowing a book is released in the USA, but it will take 3 months or more before it arrives in Australia (if ever).
- Having a friend borrow a book and then not return is for ages even though you know they have finished with it.
- Wanting to rearrange your bookshelves but not knowing how much space to leave for books loaned to friends.
I'm sure I could come up with more.
What are your book dilemmas?