Image via Wikipedia
Friday, 26 June 2009
Thursday, 25 June 2009
This guy was so lonely that he decided life would be more
fun if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store and told
the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet.
After some discussion he finally bought a centipede (100-leg
bug), which came in a little white box to use for his house.
He took the box home, found a good location for the box, and
decided he would start off by taking his new pet to the bar
for a drink. So, he asked the centipede in the box, "Would
you like to go to Frank's place with me and have a beer?"
But there was no answer from his new pet. This bothered him
a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then asked him again,
"How about going to the bar and having a drink with me?"
But again there was no answer from his new friend and pet.
So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the
situation. He decided to ask him one more time, this time
putting his face up against the centipede's house and
shouting, "Hey, in there! Would you like to go to Frank's
place and have a drink with me?"
A little voice came out of the box: "I heard you the first
time! I'm putting my shoes on!"
Received from Sandy.
Wednesday, 24 June 2009
Monday, 22 June 2009
One of these amazing men is a good friend of mine, Boyd Owen. He is the last one on the right! I'm very excited to be going to their concert in Melbourne in July.
And I love this song!! I'm thinking I may just need to purchase the CD. It's too bad my birthday was months ago and Christmas is a long time away too. I'd have something to put on my wish list.
Friday, 12 June 2009
1. I grew up thinking my Dad was invincible and could fix everything.
2. Facebook was the last website I was at before coming here.
3. Why don't you let me have more me time?
4. Reading helps me relax.
5. Thanks for the new house, God, even though it doesn't have heating at the moment.
6. A whining voice is very off-putting.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to maybe doing some unpacking, tomorrow my plans include going to 2 birthday parties and Sunday, I want to do as little as possible!
Thursday, 11 June 2009
A farmer had been taken advantage of several times by the
local car dealer. One day, the car dealer informed the
farmer that he was coming over to purchase a cow.
The farmer priced his cow as follows:
* Basic cow........................... $499.95
* Shipping and handling................. 35.75
* Extra stomach......................... 79.25
* Two-tone exterior.................... 142.10
* Produce storage compartment.......... 126.50
* Heavy-duty straw chopper............. 189.60
* Four-spigot/high-output drain system. 149.20
* Automatic fly swatter................. 88.50
* Genuine cowhide upholstery........... 179.90
* Deluxe dual horns..................... 59.25
* Automatic fertilizer attachment...... 339.40
* 4 x 4 traction drive assembly........ 884.16
* Pre-delivery wash and comb............ 69.80
* FARMER SUGGESTED LIST PRICE:........ 2843.36
* Additional dealer adjustments:....... 300.00
TOTAL LIST PRICE (Including options): $3143.36
Received from Thomas Ellsworth.
This time I've loaded Zemanta to see how it will improve my blog posts, or at least add extra things to them, like pictures and article links and things like that.
Ok, so it seems to think that this post has nothing in it that it notices, since it's supposed to 'read' what you're writing and find things to match. Oooo, wait a minute, it seems to have found something!
Well, we'll just have to see how I go in the future, since I haven't found anything of interest yet, and don't feel like including some random photo or video (I could end up with anything).
Friday, 5 June 2009
And...here we go!
1. This weekend we are finally moving into our new home-sweet-home.
2. My favorite thing for dinner lately has been meat with 3 or more vegies, same as it's always been.
3. Misty the dog said "bark! bark! bark!"
4. A nice long walk along the beach or through a national forest is what I'd like to be doing right now.
5. Please tell me some good news.
6. When all is said and done, once a job is completed I forget about it.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to packing boxes and taking things to our new house, tomorrow my plans include moving, moving and more moving and Sunday, I want to take it easy after moving on Saturday, maybe start arranging things in the new house!
Yes, once again I have moving on my mind, but that will all be over by this time next week. The big day is finally here (well, one more sleep).
Most things are ready in the new house. There's still some blinds to be put up, especially the one in the main bathroom, since there are currently no window coverings in that room and it faces the street on the side. This may be one of my jobs for tonight.
I still have a heap of things to pack ready for moving. Because I've been working full time and had a variety of commitments in the evenings, I haven't been able to do as much packing as I really needed to. I get the feeling that most of my things will end up being placed in my car and ferried over without actually being packed in boxes. This could cause chaos in my room, but that's just the way it is.
I still need to buy a couple of new bookshelves. This may need to wait a little while, until I have a Saturday free to go to Ikea. So unpacking most of my books will need to wait. How much room my books take up will also determine what other things are put on the bookshelves.
I will have extra things in my room that have been stored in the garage for the past 5 years, so there will be a lot of sorting and repacking of items that I don't want now, but will not for any reason throw or give away, such as my dolls and other toys, as well as Glory Box items.
So my life is currently crazy busy, but may slow down a bit for the rest of the month ... maybe!
Tuesday, 2 June 2009
Unfortunately I was not successful. Sometimes moving isn't the best time to sort through things, even though it would reduce the amount of stuff you have to move.
I had planned to sort through things under my bed an desk. This will happen eventually, as I go through the boxes of things that have been packed ready for moving on Saturday. Right now I just have to have things ready to be moved, and since I'm working full time, I just don't have the time to go through things.
I now plan to go through each box as I open it, and sort through things then - either to keep, throw away or donate.
There have been a couple of things as I've been packing that I've put in a bag to go to the Op Shop. It's a pretty full bag, especially after putting a sombrero in it.
Hopefully Monica and the others doing the challenge were more successful than I.