Pages

Thursday 13 November 2008

Today's Writing Prompt: Writing

Today's Writing Prompt: Writing
If you had the opportunity to write as a career, what would you write?

If I could write as a career I would write children’s books. Books were always very important to me as a child (and still are). I’m not skilled with drawing – can’t do it at all – so I’d need an illustrator.

I hadn’t really thought about this before - that is not until I read the ‘One Minute WriterWriting Prompt for the day. In a way its stirred a desire in my heart that I didn’t even know was there.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

Hi Beth - I'm Beth (the One-Minute Writer)'s mom and I saw your comment and looked up your website - because your name is the same as hers!
Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I also share your likes in the books you read. I think I've read all of Dee Henderson's books and love the Don Brown Navy Justice series and have read most of Lori Wick's (wasn't crazy about the English Garden series - the people never worked-, but love her other books.)
I'm not a writer like my daughter, but have enjoyed reading the comments on her blog since it "took off" last week. -Cathy N

Beth said...

Thanks Cathy.

The English Garden Series by Lori Wick is actually my favorite.

Is your daughter's name just 'Beth' or is that her nickname?
I hope you see this. I tried to email/leave a comment for you but you don't have that on your profile.

Cathy said...

Beth's not a nickname - it's her middle name.

Beth said...

My name isn't a nickname either.