Pages

Tuesday 1 February 2011

Contenment Reading Challenge 2011 - January

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Well, the first month of 2011 is now history, and that means it's time for my first update on how I'm going with the Contentment Reading Challenge 2011.

Of the 19 books I read for the month, 10 of those were for this challenge.

I really am 'diving' in, but that's because I don't have the financial resources to add to my library.

The books I read were:

  1. A Penny for Your Thoughts by Mindy Starns Clark (#1 Million Dollar Mystery series)
  2. Don't Take Any Wooden Nickels by Mindy Starns Clark (#2 Million Dollar Mystery series)
  3. A Dime a Dozen by Mindy Starns Clark (#3 Million Dollar Mystery series)
  4. A Quarter for a Kiss by Mindy Starns Clark (#4 Million Dollar Mystery series)
  5. The Buck Stops Here by Mindy Starns Clark (#5 Million Dollar Mystery series)
  6. Dawn of the Morning by Grace Livingston Hill
  7. Marcia Schuyler by Grace Livingston Hill (#1 Miranda Trilogy)
  8. Pheobe Deane by Grace Livingston Hill (#2 Miranda Trilogy)
  9. Miranda by Grace Livingston Hill (#3 Miranda Trilogy)
  10. A Gown of Spanish Lace by Janette Oke

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

After your post last week, I went online to search out books by Grace Livingston Hill, as I'd read all the ones available in our library when I was a kid...then hadn't thought about them for the longest time. I recognize some titles on your list today...the books have such lovely titles.

"Dawn of the Morning," "Marigold," "Ladybird" (one of my favorites!), and "The Enchanted Barn," which I bought this week for my Kindle.

Then I requested some others from my library.

You've inspired a quest here! LOL

But today, I have something else. Here's MY TEASER

Amber Holcomb said...

Beth,

That is so awesome that you already re-read 10 books for the challenge! You are WAY ahead of me! ;) Great job!

I've read one book by Mindy Starns Clark (Under the Cajun Moon), which I really enjoyed, and I remember really loving A Gown of Spanish Lace. Sounds like you've had some great books to re-read! :)

Thank you again for joining the challenge!

~Amber