Pages

Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - March 2


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Have you ever bought a book because you liked the cover or the title, without actually knowing if it would be good or not?

Well, this week's teaser is from a book that I bought because of the title.

'Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight' by Karen Scalf Linamen

'Wouldn't it be great if you and I really understood the principles of change? What if we had a good working knowledge of how to change, so that whenever anything came up that we wanted to tweak, we'd have a clue of what to do and how to begin?'

12 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

Good point. Life would be a lot less scary if we all knew already how to react to whatever might happen.

pussreboots said...

My teaser is from the first Nancy Drew.

Beth said...

I love the title! Here is my teaser for this week.

livemorenow said...

Yes I have bought a book on the basis of its title "How the Irish saved the Civilised World". I figured that there had to be a joke in it somewhere along the way.

I hope you enjoy your book, great teaser.

here is mine http://livemorenow.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/teaser-tuesday-the-adventures-of-alianore-audley/

Marg said...

Sounds like a fun title for a self help book.

My teaser is here this week.

Jan von Harz said...

So true. I have and do wonder this all the time. Great teaser.

Kaye said...

That is a good title! Hope you are enjoying the book.

Lori said...

LOL, it is just too early in the morning to be thinking this heavy. A lot of "What ifs" Here's Mine.

Mary said...

Yes, that would be great!

Jennifer G. said...

"What to do and how to begin"

I wouldn't mind knowing that myself!

Mine is here.

Alayne said...

I like the teaser, hope the book was worth the cover! Which I've definitely done before by the way. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Stephanie aka The Stark Raving Bibliophile said...

I love the title! And it's so true ... changing habits is incredibly difficult.

My teaser: A Bit of Chick Lit for Teaser Tuesday