Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - January 26





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

  • Grab your current read

  • Open to a random page

  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

'Don't Tell Cute Stories - Change Lives!' by Mark Griffiths

'Children's ministry stands at the top of the cliff with arms wide. It is about building strong children, making them secure, introducing them to a God who loves them, showing them a godly example and convincing them that they have a destiny that God set apart for them even before he began to put the universe together.'

I am involved in the children's ministry of the church that I attend. Every year I like to pick up a new book, for inspiration, to learn new skills, or just to read someone else's perspective. I am still reading this book, but right from the start is has challenged me. I started it on Friday - just as we started our planning weekend for the year ahead. It was good timing.

For those of you who have been following my blog, you may remember that I talked about not knowing the direction my life is to take next. I have realised that I am passionate about children and believe I should do something along those lines. What that role will look like, I don't know. Childcare, teaching and the medical field are not ways I want to go, so it is baffling to know what else to do. If you are a praying person, please pray that I will be open to God's leading and that He will clearly show me the path to take.

And for those of you involved in children's ministry, I highly recommend this book.

2 comments:

Alayne said...

Sounds very inspirational. Nice teaser. Mine is at The Crowded Leaf.

Beth said...

Very true! This sounds like a great book. Here is my teaser for this week.