Pages

Saturday 16 January 2016

Book and Movie Associations

Do you ever associate movies and TV shows with books? I'm not talking about movies that are based on books, rather the content or character or something else makes  you think about a particular movie or show or book and you feel like you just have to watch it or read it?

I do ... all the time.

Sometimes there's a flow on effect, where one leads to another.








I love Dee Henderson's book 'Undetected'. Every time I read it, I then get the urge to watch 'The Hunt for Red October' starring Sean Connery and Alec Baldwin.

This also connects with an episode of JAG that refers to 'The Hunt for Red October'.


Then I've been watching 'Operation Petticoat' starring Cary Grant and Tony Curtis. Which leads me to my next book:

'Every Storm' by Lori Wick. While not set on a submarine, it does involve a rescue and war time.

There are others as well.



If I'm going to watch 'The West Wing' then I always watch 'The American President first.
Not that it actually comes first (although it was made first), but some of the sets were used in both the movie and the TV show and some of the actors are the same, although not in the same roles or even having the same name.

I'm sure there are others, but I think you get the idea.
How about you? Do you associate books and movies or TV shows like this?

No comments: