Pages

Monday 27 August 2007

Reflections of Spring Print by Vail Oxley at Art.com



I always feel more alive when spring time comes around again.

I can be as tired as anything, but then the air feels a little warmer, the trees start budding and blossoming, and I suddenly have an extra "spring" to my step.

Life looks better; I get a little more creative. I guess you can say I have spring fever!!

It's like the song from 'State Fair' "It Might As Well Be Spring"

I'm as restless as a willow in a windstorm,

I'm as jumpy as puppet on a string

I'd say that I had spring fever, but I know it isn't spring

I am starry eyed and vaguely discontented, like a nightingale without a song to sing

O why should I have spring fever, when it isn't even spring.

I keep wishing I were someone else, walking down a strange new street

And hearing words that I've never heard from a man I've yet to meet

I'm as busy as spider spinning daydreams,

I'm as giddy as a baby on a swing

I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud, or a robin on the wing

But I feel so gay in a melancholy way, that it might as well be spring

It might as well be spring.

No comments: