Pages

Monday 20 August 2007

Being Single in a World that Thinks You Should be Married

I was just browsing through my favorite Christian Book supplier's website and I thought I'd do a bit of a search on books for singles. The only problem is that the more I looked the more angry I became at the selection of books available.

The majority of the books available were about how to prepare your self for meeting the right man (or woman if you're a guy), dating, and what to do while you're waiting. One title that really bugged me was "What to Do Until Love Finds You".

This world is crazy. Don't they realise that there are some women who don't want to be married? (I'm not one of them) Or that there are single women who would like to be married when the time is right, but in the mean time want to live for God while they are single in the way that He wants them to?

Ok, so I did find some that looked ok, but all these other books just make you feel like you've completely missed what life is about.

Let me tell you now - you do NOT have to be married to be fulfilling God's plan for you. There may be something that you can only do BECAUSE you are single.

For anyone who is thinking about writing a book for singles - if you got married just after you finished school, unless you are writing for teens, don't bother because you have no idea what you are talking about. If you are now married but were single for a time, be very careful what you say. If you are still single, please write that book soon, because I want to read it!

No comments: