Pages

Tuesday 1 April 2014

2014 TBR Pile Challenge - February and March Update

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!


Ok, I know. I missed an update! I got to over half way through March and realised that I hadn't given an update, but then I'd only read 2 books for this challenge in February, so I decided to do an update for 2 months at the end of March!

February:

  • The Crossing by Gilbert Morris
  • Jennifer by Dee Henderson
I went on to read the rest of the O'Malley series, so it was a good reading month, just not for the challenge!

March:
I managed 3 books for the month, and almost squeezed in a 4th, but didn't finish it until this morning, so I'll catch you up on that one in my next update and keep you in suspense for now!
  • Christy Miller's Diary by Robin Jones Gunn
  • Decorating Without Fear by Sharon Hanby-Robie
  • The Story Girl by L M Montgomery
So, I've now finished 12 of 29 from my original TBR Pile list!

Now, you might be wondering why some of these books have been on my TBR pile for a while, and the simple reason is that some of my reading preferences have changed since these books arrived on my shelf. I'm more interested in contemporary than historical novels; biographies I tend to only read once, and since I had already read them once in my lifetime the appeal for them has waned.

How about you?
Have you made any progress on your TBR pile?
Is there a reason why a book (or many) have sat in your pile for a long time?

Let me know! I'd love to know what your thoughts are!

No comments: