Pages

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Family History

For a long time I've wanted to know about my family history. There are a lot of stories, but how true they are remains to be seen. There is a lot of information available about my Mum's side of the family, but very little about Dad's - and that is what fascinates me the most.

Dad came to Australia from England with his parents as a 6 year old, after spending time in the West Indies and Jamaica. We haven't had much contact with the family back in England, so finding out family history is very hard.

I've been trying to do some searching on the internet, but all the family history sites require you to sign up and pay.

Tonight I was doing some internet searching and decided to look up the ship that brought Dad and my Grandparents to Australia. I found some very interesting things, including the crew list and a video of still photos of the ship!



It was fun to see! I just wish there were some photos from the voyage that brought Dad here!

No comments: