Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Teaser Tuesday - August 9



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:


  • Grab your current read

  • Open to a random page

  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I thought I would put in a teaser with a difference today. How many of you actually read the dedication at the start of the book? Or the acknowledgements?

My teaser comes from the dedication of the following book:

That Certain Spark by Cathy Marie Hake

'There are many forms of courage -
Blazing a new trail,
Taking an unpopular stand,
Stepping out in that moment of faith,
Laughter instead of tears for somone else's sake,
Enduring physical, spiritual, and emotional anguish,
Holding onto God with trust instead of desperation,
Forgiving as we were forgiven.
Loving one another.
Asking for help to bear a burden.'

5 comments:

Karen and Gerard said...

I read the dedications and sometimes the acknowledgments, not always. Great teaser!

Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/08/tuesday-teasers-look-again-and-stolen.html

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds lovely...thanks for sharing.

Here's MY TT POST

Kathy Martin said...

I too read the dedication and often the acknowledgments. They often have interesting insights as your teaser does.

My teasers are from Between the Land and the Sea by Derrolyn Anderson and Ghost Story by Jim Butcher. Happy reading!

Lisa said...

I've started reading more of them since I started reviewing books. That's a good one.

My teaser is here.

Anonymous said...

Beth... Do u stitch? I was visiting some of my old comments and noticed your name. Don’t know if you remember me but I used to read your blog. I am making some cool Tie Dye Cross-stitch Art and am trying to get the word out (I don’t have much traffic as of yet) You can check out my link to my Etsy Shop on my blog if your interested. Hope all is well and I enjoyed stopping in again.