Pages

Saturday 14 November 2009

Friday Fill-In #150

Ok, so I haven't done this for a while, and I am now a day late (depending on your time zone I guess). But here it is:


1. The last band I saw live was Westlife.
2. What I look forward to most on Christmas is having some food that we only get at that time of year - like turkey.
3. My Christmas/holiday shopping is in progress.
4. Thoughts of trying to figure out what I want to do with my life fill my head especially now while I am between jobs.
5. I wish I could wear yellow sometimes.
6. Bagpipes are a strange, yet fascinating instrument.
7. And as for the weekend, last night I finished up a project that I started in the afternoon, today my plans have included working in the backyard to help get the new soil spread to even up the ground and Sunday, I want to go to church for fellowship and teaching and relax in the afternoon!

Ok, so you're probably wondering where I've been all this time, well the truth of the matter is that since my employment was terminated (thanks to the Global Financial Crisis) I have been busy on Fridays and generally on the computer before the blank parts are up, given time differences between me and the originator of this very interesting meme.

Let's see, there have been friends returning from overseas, parties to go to, packing to do for a recent trip and a whole range of other activities, and sometimes I have just been too tired to check the computer.

I can't show you the project I finished because it is a present and I don't want the recipient to see it before they receive it. But let's just say that since I have my room nearly in order, I have been able to unpack my craft stuff and got a little creative with some of the gadgets that I won from magazines.

As for my room, there are still a few things to sort out, but I should have time for those now that I am between jobs. I'm trying to decide what I will be doing next - still in accounting or something else entirely. Mostly I just want to follow God's will, but right now that is a mystery to me. My heart's desire is still out of reach, and seems no closer than it did 5 years ago. SIGH!

Quick, change the subject before I get morose.

My book collection is still increasing. Ooo that reminds me, I need to update Shelfari. I've been spending too much time on Facebook to keep everything else up to date.

Speaking of Facebook, it's calling my name!

No comments: