Pages

Friday 18 July 2008

Children At Play

As newlyweds, my wife and I hosted a family get-together at
our apartment, which had a large grassy field and superb
children's playground next door. My wife organized games
outdoors for our eight nieces and nephews, and the laughter
and activity drew other children, until about thirty kids
were playing and clamoring for my wife's attention. After
three hours, she called it quits.

The next morning while we were getting ready for work, two
boys knocked on our patio door and asked if our children
could come out and play. I told them we had no children; our
nieces and nephews had just been visiting. Looking
momentarily dejected, they brightened considerably as they
asked, "Well, then, can your wife come out and play?"

Found at Good Clean Funnies

No comments: