By now you're probably wondering what's happened to me and where I am in the progress on my reading challenges.
Well, by the end of January I had started a new full time job (YAY!! - it's been something I'd wanted for a while)! So I haven't had as much time for reading. I've also read more non-fiction books this year, and they take me longer to read.
For this reason, I have dropped my Goodreads goal to 100 books for the year. My current total says 25, but I have actually read 2 more than that - one that I mentioned in my last post that doesn't appear on Goodreads and another that I finished this morning, but haven't added to my Goodreads total.
As for the Bethany House Challenge, I'm actually doing extremely well, with 3/4 of the books read for the challenge.
- With a car on the cover - A New Name by Grace Livingston Hill
- Whose protagonist has a fascinating career - True Honor by Dee Henderson
- Set in a place you've visited - Life's Adventures by Arthur Barton (this is the one that doesn't appear on Goodreads) - There is a photo in the book of the author in almost exactly the same spot as a photo of me was taken!
- Inspired by a literary classic - Possibilities by Debra White Smith (based on Persuasion by Jane Austen)
- With a child as a narrator - Once Upon a Summer by Janette Oke
- Written by an author with your initials - A Girl to Love by Betty Neels (I had a struggle finding a book by an author with my initials and even more trouble finding one that I was actually willing to read. There was another book I initially tried by couldn't even finish the 1st chapter because of the swearing.)
- Containing letters or diary entries - True Valor by Dee Henderson
- A librarian recommends to you - From Desk to Dugout by Robyn Youl & Keith Hallett
- That shares a title with a song - Sweet Home Alabama by Paige Winship Dooly, Pamela Griffin, Lisa Harris & Pamela Kaye Tracy