Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2016

2016 Reading Challenges - Final Update

Hi Everyone!
I'm pleased to announce that I have actually finished all of my reading challenges!

I told you a while ago that I had finished the Bethany House Challenge.


With the Anne of Green Gables challenge, I decided that I had already read the final book earlier in the year - Blue Castle. Plus I had actually had enough of reading her books. Not that I don't  like them (they are childhood favourites), but I was ready to move on to other things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
With Christmas reading, came the end of the 2016 ABC Soup Challenge.
A - Anne of Green Gables by L M Montgomery
B - Before Green Gables by Budge Wilson
C - Crime Scene Jerusalem By Alton Gansky
D - The Director's Cut by Janice Thompson
E - Every Storm by Lori Wick
F - Falling Like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter
G - Greetings From the Flipside by Rene Gutteridge and Cheryl McKay
H - A House Divided by Robert Whitlow
I - In Harm's Way by Irene Hannon
J - Jennifer by Dee Henderson
K - Kilmeny of the Orchard by L. M. Montgomery
L - Lethal Beauty by Lis Wiehl
M -  A Murder Among Friends by Ramona Richards
N - Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island (Lonely Planet Guide)
O - One More Wish by Robin Jones Gunn
P - The Pounamu Prophecy by Cindy Williams
Q - The Quilt by T Davis Bunn
R - Rest Assured by Vicki Courtney
S - Seaside Blessings by Irene Hannon
T - Twice Stolen by Susanne Timpani
U - Undetected by Dee Henderson
V - A Victorian Christmas Cottage by Catherine Palmer, Debra White Smith, Jeri Odell & Peggy Stoks
W - Water's Edge by Robert Whitlow
X - XXIII Olympic Games: The Official Pictorial History, Los Angeles
Y - You Are Special by Max Lucado
Z - Zen Doodle Unleashed by Tiffany Lovering

The final book was for the letter V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My other reading goal for the year was to read at least 120 books. I made that yesterday!
There will be a couple more finished by New Years Eve, but I'm happy to have reached that goal.

These books included both fiction and non-fiction and all of the books included in my other reading challenges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know if I will be doing any reading challenges next year (other than setting my self a goal of a number of books to read for the year).
I know I won't be doing another ABC Challenge, although I know that is being run again next year.

So stay tuned for news on that account.

No comments: