Pages

Saturday 10 October 2015

Reading Challenge Update 6


Just one more book to add this time, but that means I have only one book left to complete the challenge!!

  • Hear Me When I Call by Charles Swindoll
was the book I finished this time, which puts me at 17 out of 18!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


There is also just one for the Bingo Challenge this time:
  • Takes place in your favourite time period: My Brother's Crown by Mindy Starns Clark and Leslie Gould
It has taken me a long time to figure out what my favourite time period is, but with this book I finally worked it out.
What I really like are books that combine contemporary and historical. These usually involve the exploring of family history and having the stories from ancestors intertwining with current events. This is just such a book.
For me, it doesn't really matter what the historical period is - this one was set in the 1600's; others have been set much later. I think I like this combination because I am very much interested in my family history (although I have not really been able to research it).
If you would like to read my book review for this book you will find it here.

Until next time ... happy reading.

No comments: