Pages

Friday 19 October 2007

Waiting

Psalm 27:14 (NIV)
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

We have to wait for a lot of things in this life.
I read this verse while I was on a train recently and it popped up as the verse for the day here on my blogg.

It can be really funny how God can just keep reminding you of something in different ways. Sure I keep reading the verse, but the place, time and format for this verse has changed, even in just the 2 times I've read it recently.

I'm waiting for things now, but mostly I'm waiting for the Lord's leading in my life - what He wants me to do, where He wants me to be, what He wants me to become.

The most important thing about this verse isn't that we are to wait; it's that we are to wait for the Lord. That's why He said it twice, to try to get it to sink in to our heads and hearts.

Wait for Him today, and help others to learn to wait for Him too.

No comments: